Music Banter - View Single Post - Dirty projectors
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default Dirty projectors

Apparently there's no thread on this band so:

Dirty Projectors is a Brooklyn-based band led by Dave Longstreth, a former student of music composition at Yale University who left his studies to pursue a full-time career in music.His first album, The Graceful Fallen Mango was released under his own name and introduced his distinctive arrangements of both lo-fi and hi-fi production[1]. Longstreth released his first album as "Dirty Projectors" in 2003 entitled The Glad Fact, on the Western Vinyl label. In 2005 he released The Getty Address, a concept album surrounding musician Don Henley; in 2007 he released Rise Above, an album of Black Flag songs as reimagined from memory. In 2007 he also did a Take-Away Show acoustic video session shot by Vincent Moon. In April 2008, Dirty Projectors signed with Domino Records, and the label announced the release of Bitte Orca for June 9, 2009. 2009 also found the band collaborating with David Byrne on the song "Knotty Pine" for the compilation album, Dark Was the Night. On May 8, 2009, members of Dirty Projectors will collaborate with Björk to perform an original composition by Longstreth, written for five voices and acoustic guitar, as part of a charity concert to benefit Housing Works, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing shelter for homeless men, women, and children suffering from AIDS. The concert is to be held at the Housing Works Bookstore & Café in downtown New York City. - wiki

dirty projectors on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'm just listening to Bitte Orca and I'm liking it quite a bit. I gave Rise Above a once-over a few years back but it didn't really catch my attention for some reason. The lead vocals are very unique, not so much in the tone as the interpretation, but the guy can definitely sing. This album seems to be more accessible, more pop/dance so it grabbed me more than Rise Above (which I'll definitely have to revisit).

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote