Music Banter - View Single Post - Fox News: Fair and Balanced
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
Does someone want to explain to me how CNN and others ARE fair and balanced?
In order for someone to explain something to you, they need to know how you're seeing it.

If I don't think CNN is biased, how would I begin to explain that. All I can say is that Boo Boo said a few pages back that they were "in the tank for Obama."

With only that to go on, I'd say this...

1. Logical folks are in the tank for Obama, because if he fails the globoeconomic strucutre is absolutly screwed.

2. The press was absolutly abused by the Bush Administration. On a side note, whenever you're denying the press rights and access, its undoubtedly because you're up to some illegal activity. The last guy to treat the press like the enemy was Nixon.

If a new guy was in town who called me by name, and repudiated the actions of the last guy, I'd probably like him too.

3. There is this thing called a honeymoon stage. They give people a break when their just getting started. We're within the first 100 days.

4. I actually watch cable news quite a bit. I generally prefer Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow so I'm usually on MSNBC. But I eat lunch in a place that plays the other two stations regularly. I tend to see a favorability with philisophical leanings (especially in the context of the last 8 years) but I don't think their in the tanks.

Heres what they're out for blood on as I see it:

Bagram.

Wall Street Bail out and no auto company bail out (thats a fox news construct).

Refusual to reinstate the automatic weapons ban.

Secratary Choices

(I'm forgetting something I'll edit it later)

Again, in the first 100 days to have three consistent things their attacking him on is fairly average.