Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
SugarRush
Groupie

Default Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice

So what's your stance?

Personally, I'm pro-choice. Because for one, I believe that that embryo itself, really has no rights as is only a potential and not an actual being. Therefore it should not have rights that take precedence over those of its mother until it is physically born. The mother should be have the inherent rights to make the decision to choose to do whatever she wishes to do with her body. I mean, if we take away the woman’s right to choose, will we begin limiting her other rights also?

Plus, it is my opinion that the unborn is an embryo or a fetus-just a mass of tissue, a product of conception- not an actual human being yet. Abortion is terminating a pregnancy, not killing a child. Since, it has not experienced anything yet, by terminating its development nothing much has been done actually harm it. Right now, it has no mind of its own, besides a brain which is just starting to develop, but since it has not been exposed to anything besides its mothers body,it could not possibly have any thoughts yet, since all thoughts originate from experiences one has had.
SugarRush is offline   Reply With Quote