Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #6957 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
You're a model, right?

Question #2 - is that you on your avvy?
Yeah I am, just joined up with an modelling agency recently actually.

I wish it was me in my avatar, but no, it's Lady Gaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Gorgeous Vanilla!

Hmm I wouldn't say there's that much racial tension in the U.S. as evidenced by President Barack Obama. Racism happens everywhere, I think we Americans get hit upon harder for what we did because we've apologized for it and tried to make amends while other countries try and forget what they've committed. But again, that's just what I thought and I see that wasn't exactly the point you were making in your post, I just felt like going on a mini-rant of my own.
Thank you darling, and yes I'm absolutely sure you're right, I don't actually think now that I was trying to say racism, there's just a huge variety of multicultural people in your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
No I won't correct you at all and I am not saying one humour is better than the other but certain things are lost in translation on both sides. It's not a complaint just an observation. I know that things like 'mother' jokes are used in the U.S whereas ours are 'Mother In Law' jokes! Our humour can be subtle but also sarcastic which can seem to be nasty to some maybe.
I love British humour, I can relate to the cynical and sarcastic humour far better.

Last edited by Scarlett O'Hara; 04-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote