Music Banter - View Single Post - Sup.
Thread: Sup.
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
holynapkin
Groupie

Default Sup.

I'm 18-years-old and, as you have probably guessed already, I like music. I don't so much like music that has no real, true meaning like, as the youngsters are calling it today, "Screamo" or "Emo" music. I like stuff that you can actually interpret and derive meanings and feelings out of. This being said my favorite bands are Alice in Chains, Metallica, Eric Clapton and his associated acts, Tool, Queen, Soundgarden/Audioslave, Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath, and Rage Against the Machine among many, many others.

I grow really attached to certain bands like Alice in Chains and Metallica. I really only get attached to a few select bands because I find that it is common for bands, like Tool, to only have a few songs that I can tolerate whereas I don't dislike anything by AiC or Metallica... unless you count anything after ...And Justice for All, albeit I did enjoy Death Magnetic. Like I said, I like songs with meaning like Renegades of Funk which really portrays Nietzche's view life and the 'Ubermensch', or more commonly translated, 'Overman'.

My pet peeves are bands not getting the respect they deserve and bands that get way too much respect that they don't deserve. For this reason, while I particularly enjoy a few of their songs, I hate how everyone over rates the hell out of Nirvana. I mean come on. What was Kurt Cobain on the Rolling Stone's top guitarist list? Like seventeen or something like that? Just ridiculous, he doesn't deserve a spot at all. He even made the top 100 singers of all time list of theirs. That's just pathetic.

Anyway, nice to be on the board and thanks for reading my rant. :P
holynapkin is offline   Reply With Quote