Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's 100 Greatest Progressive Rock Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Yup, true ranking by influence is also impossible. Maybe one band in the list wouldn't even have existed without another lower ranking band in the list. For example, what would the Canterbury scene look like if there was no The Wilde Flowers? Even less direct, the success of some bands may have made it possible for other bands to sign with a label. It's all impossible to tell of course.

Other than that and based on my own taste, I prefer Yes to King Crimson at the moment .. Prefer Gentle Giant to Genesis and I have a soft spot for some of the canterbury acts that come up later in the list. That's an entirely different criteria though

I haven't been able to really get into Van Der Graaf. Maybe you can recommend something by them which is not "H to He"?
Influence isn't the only criteria.

Try not to make too big of a deal over the precise placements, a lot are interchangable, what really matters is who made it onto the list.

Wilde Flowers aren't on the list because they were ridiculously obscure and hardly anyone has actually heard their material, they're known simply for being the band that spawned Caravan and The Soft Machine, they never even released a record.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote