Music Banter - View Single Post - Flattery with a hint of ego masturbation.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Lewis View Post
My dearest MusicBanter,

I don't usually do these introduction threads (more of a lurker), but this seems like a really active forum with a neat group of people who make talking about music fun (and the occasional jackasses who just douche it up and have been awarded with deactivated accounts).

If music were light, my favorite color would be white. You know, since white light is comprised of all the other colors of light in the visible spectrum. I guess I also like the colors that aren't part of the visible spectrum, too. Like infrared. I guess that would be akin to listening to Ladyscraper while vomiting up the macaroni and cheese that's been sitting on your roommates coffee table for the past week that you thought would be okay because it "didn't smell like too much mold."

What I'm trying to say is, I like all kinds of music, from electronic and dance stuff to folk and old country (not new country, sadly), from hip-hop to bluegrass. I'm extremely open minded about new music and will listen to almost anything.

I've been slowly working my way into creating my own music. Throughout high-school I've been in the band, and I began to really miss the feel of making my own music. I picked up a guitar and taught myself enough chords to be dangerous. Then, I bought a capo, a mic and some recording software and set out to make the best lo-fi, homebrew jams ever designed to make your ears bleed and your mothers cry. When I'm not making **** like that, I normally sing about my feelings (of which I have many) and try to put just enough timbre in my voice to get in the pants of the 14-17 age bracket (they always said growing up was hard/but it's even harder when you're all alone, et cetera).

I've finally hooked up with a few friends who enjoy just jamming and making serious power ballads about succubi, screaming metal rock about being a ****ing dragon, and tacky, torrid tracks about how the only way to overcome the body is to destroy it with the power of an E-minor combined with having a seizure on the fretboard and extreme overdrive. We're almost set to perform our first gig this weekend [ref. musicbanter.com/stereo-production-equipment/39691-what-kind-sound-setup-should-i-get-my-first-gig.html], and are really excited about having fun with the stuff we've been working on.

Not having read any of the other introductory posts, I can only hope this amalgam of haphazard words and phrases has been somewhat informative and entertaining. In addition, I hope to meet a slew of fantastic people who really share an interest in music and communication through music.

Best regards,

Zachary Lewis

PS: Apparently my potty-mouth is converted to beautiful ****ing stars. How am I going to be original if I can't say anything inappropriate?
That's either one of the best intros I've seen in my time here, or the most over elaborate and inventive smoke screen for self promoting/spam I've had the pleasure of reading since being made a moderator.

I'm either going to love you, or ban you.
The choice is yours...
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote