Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #84 (permalink)
draven
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers
But what about my claim to Back in Black?
You just skipped right over that didn't you now?
AND, if we're only comparing bands according to album sales then what about Fleetwood Mac with Rumours in 77'?
I'm pretty sure that sold way more than AFD.

Oh wait I was going to make another point.
If the double sided Pink Floyd album sold 11.5 million X 2 (counting as two sales) then it doesn't matter anyway lol.
It's the same artist, still sold more than any two Guns N Roses albums.
Guns n roses were still bigger than AC DC. Did AC DC ever play in front of over 7 million people on one tour? NEVER, Pink Floyd NEVER did that either. The UYI tour was the biggest tour for any rock band ever. But of coarse you cannot get that through your head.

Did AD DC ever have two albums in the top 5 at the same time? NEVER and guess what guns n roses did it TWICE with UYI 1 and UYI 2 plus they did it when AFD And Lies were in the top 5 at the same time.

And AC DC and Pink Floyd have nothing to do with proving that nirvana was bigger than guns n roses in the 90s.

Like I said before people forget about huge guns n roses were in the early 90s but it is fine, I wont hold that ignorance against you.

Being the biggest band in the world does not just include who had one bigger selling album, it has to did with album sales, touring, radio play, popularity and buzz, guns n roses had all that more so than those other bands.

Like I said before look at the night the UYIs were released you had hundreds of people in line in every state waiting for that album, AC DC, pink Floyd, Nirvana or any other band since the Beatles had anything that huge for an album release. If I am not mistaken when gnr did that in 1991 that broke some kind of record for albums sales in one day, yes more than AC DC, Floyd, The eagles etc.

AFD is also still the best selling debute rock album ever, again better than those bands you mentioned.

If you really want to get into semantics then fine guns n roses were one of the biggest bands since the Beatles. Is that better? It still does not change the fact that Gnr were much more popular than nirvana.
draven is offline   Reply With Quote