Music Banter - View Single Post - Overated Films
Thread: Overated Films
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 04:18 AM   #330 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't really get how Wall-E follows the formula of other Pixar movies.

IMO the only Pixar movies I'd call good rather than great are A Bugs Life, Toy Story and Cars. The rest, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille and WALL-E are excellent.

WALL-E I thought was very original for a kids film, a post appocaylptic romantic comedy starring robots that don't talk? Oh yeah. It's been done countless times.

Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo did follow the same formula as Toy Story but they were excellent regardless. I thought The Incredibles was something different for them, they have learned to be more original since then, granted Cars was a return to their old formula, But Ratatouille and WALL-E are proof that they come up with more original ideas than anyone else when it comes to animated films (except for Miyazaki of course). Up looks like it would be continuing this tradition.
Nemo, Cars, Ratatouille, Incredibles, Toy Story, Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, then Wall-E. In order from favorites to least. I own them all on dvd, my girl loves them. We also have Flushed Away and Robots arent pixar, but are great too.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote