Music Banter - View Single Post - I will judge an album by the cover.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ZZZ View Post
Yes I understand that totally. As I suggested in the review it leaves a hole in the ultimate enjoyment of it sadly. The interesting thing is that Zarko can put me onto an album like Truart where there are found sounds and sample of various individuals singing in a LOTE and it works. Then there are songs like e.g Michelle by The Beatles and one has no issue with it being sung in a LOTE but an entire album of German Folk?!? Really happy to have had the experience but will probably not go back there again.
Yes, it definitely is an oddity in regards to languages other than English. Sometimes I actually prefer not having the lyrics in English because then you don't get sucked into that whole world of trying to rate something based on what they say. With some of my journal entries, I have preferred another language simply because with folk it sometimes forces you to look deeper into the thing. And most of the time, English lyrics are pointless and for the sake of it (Unless its something like Hurricane - Dylan) rather than being an important and intricate part of the song.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote