Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's 100 Greatest Progressive Rock Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
There's far too many things with this list that I don't agree with, especially the lacklustre solo careers of some people being used just to fill it up. Everyone knows my opinion of a lot of these bands on the list, and that's not going to chance. But kudos for the effort. Although it started to slide terribly after the top 5, it had a few bands in their right places. Also having Mr. Bungle on the list, but Captain Beefheart in the honorable mentions just kinda invalidates the whole thing.
If you're referring to Peter Hammil, his solo stuff is pretty good and he has a big following.

As for Rick Wakeman, pick on the guy all you want, he's a polarizing figure in music, but he's had his impact on prog as a solo artist.

Mr Bungle is a controversial choice, they might not remain on the list, but I don't see them being all that different from Zappa and RIO bands like Henry Cow who I certainly consider prog, I think their 3 albums are very progressive and could easly be called prog.

But Captain Beefheart doesn't have a chance of making the list at all. A lot of his music is basically psychedelic blues. He has just a few albums that are really experimental. But I wouldn't call Trout Mask Replica prog either, it's basically blues with an avant garde twist.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote