Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's 100 Greatest Progressive Rock Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #72 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

What? Progressive rock needs at least some form of subtlety, even ELP were subtle in their own way, even with all the extravagance. To steal a line from Pink Floyd "hanging on in quiet desperation is the british way" in that same way prog has always hung on to their last shred of subtlety.

Mr. Bungle is experimental, and no matter how much both of us like them, it won't make it prog.

Anyways, you think muse is prog, and list them as such, so your opinion is invalid.

EDIT: Since I'm not going to post anymore in this thread.

Kayo Dot are not prog, and Neither are GY!BE, there's a reason why genres like post-rock, experimental and avant-garde have been labelled, simply you just couldn't find 100 prog bands so you had to start making up your own.

I love GY!BE and Kayo Dot's first two albums, but they're just.not.prog, in your mind a band that you like has to be prog and that's just wrong.

And as great as he is, Brian Eno and Roxy Music aren't prog either, they lean far more to the art-rock side. You can't just put everything that's not mainstream rock and call it progressive, christ.

You know nothing Jon Snow.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm

Last edited by Comus; 04-22-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote