Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Angelo Batio
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I hate Batio more than anyone can imagine, but I don't agree with this.

He gets recognition because he plays fast and clean and his stuff is pretty intricate, which is not easy to do and for that he deserves credit. He's certainly one of the more skilled shred guitartists.
really? i don't hear it. he sounds like every other 80s 'metal' guitarist i've ever heard on the radio. the only reason i've ever noticed him anywhere else are his ridiculous guitars with superfluous necks. yes he gets listed with shredders because he's still putting out solo guitar music. they have to fill a list with X amount of people (how often are rolling stone lists filled with great choices???), to my ears it's his guitars and not his music that makes him stand out.

i also stand by my opinion that the bulk of 17 year olds (especially the metal kids) in music stores have just as many chops as him, they might not be as clean or quick but they're also not middle aged yet. sure he's 'technically' good but anyone can sit in a room for hours on end everyday and learn to sweep pick arpeggios. yes it takes practice and discipline, so does learning the basic chords it's part of learning an instrument. i don't see how i'm blind bashing him here, i'll stop posting in this thread if people want to keep talking about how 'great' his skill seems.

i never said he couldn't play, i said he was a giant overrated cheeseball (in different words).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote