Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of Neil Young's New Album Fork In The Road.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat HD View Post
Nope.......N.Y. was a rock musician in the 60's. Now we have all these different genres. There is probably 17 different types of metal, plus a few I have'nt even heard of. New country (which all sounds the same to me) classic country, and so forth. Yes N.Y. has done some country stuff,mostly rock stuff, and even some cutting edge "transformer" stuff in the early 80's that pretty much sucked. N.Y. was making music before the word genre even came into music. Where I'm from N.Y. is not considered a country artist. With all these everspreading genre's maybe N.Y. deserves his own genre or however you say it. Just my opinion bro. And yes I agree it is difficult to place him here.
I forgot prarie wind last time, another excellent album.
Yeah well you could say Rock but it means so many different things without pinpointing what kinda rock it is y'know. And the 'transformer stuff' would be better described as Electronic music with weird vocals. Also I do not think it sucked I think it was absolutely fantastic, he had the guts to go out there and experiment and doesnt give a **** what people think about him. I think the 80s were the most creative period of his career. Also I like how when David Geffen said to him he will make a rock 'n' roll album he actually went out and made an original 50s rock and roll album (Everybody's Rockin') which I can listen to in small doses.
He also did an album with big keyboards and stadium drums called 'Landing On Water' which is one of my personal favourites. So he wasnt that bad in the 80s, the media wrote him off and therfore people turn their heads whereas I wish people wouldve just listened for themselves.
As for Praire Wind- 'The Painter' is a fantastic track and that is probably the only album he has done since 'Broken Arrow' (1996) which is great from start to finish. I wasn't too keen on 'Living With War'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote