Music Banter - View Single Post - J. G. Thirlwell / Foetus
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I just realized we don't have a thread for this guy.

He's an Australian musician, combined elements of industrial, post-punk and neo-classical into a behemoth of a songwriting style. Dark brooding vocals and some rather strange lyrical themes are present throughout his work. He emerged through the 'no-wave' era but his music really doesn't belong to it, there's a vast electronic influence to it. He's done quite a few collaborations over the years (including ones with Lydia Lunch and Nick Cave!) but these works really stick out as something special to me:

1985 - Nail (Scraping Foetus off the Wheel)
1988 - Thaw (Foetus Interruptus)
1995 - Gash (Foetus)
2001 - Flow (Foetus)

I know there's other fans here. Let me know if anyone needs an up, I've got most (?) of his work.
Aw yeah! Huge fan here. J. G. Thirlwell is one of my favorite musicians. Have you ever seen him live? He fucking kicks ass!

I totally agree with the four albums you picked as being among his best though I like Hole a little better than Thaw and Love about as much as Flow. Do you get into any of his other projects, LS? Steroid Maximus and Wiseblood are especially good. If you don't have them I'd be happy to hook you up.

Do you have Deaf by chance? That's the only regular Foetus album that I don't have.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote