Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone know how to record freestyle rap while walking around?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
jaytonbye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
I honestly don't think so. You'd need a device that allows two sources with two different inputs (RCA or USB for your mic and headphone jack for your iPod) to be recorded onto one source, and I assume that, due to the complexity of the task, the device you're looking for is not portable, and if there is such a thing, then it's probably too heavy to carry around.
Like I said, I have a portable device with those features but it doesn't record long enough (only does about 15 minutes). Do you have any idea why the splitter is unable to converge the sounds? does such a "converger" exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
I'd recommend what Comus is recommending. Record the voice track with your mic as you listen to the beat, if it helps. When you get home, mix the recorded audio with the beat you have already prepared.
This really isn't an option as I am constantly changing songs. Even if I say out loud what instrumental I am playing it will still be a daunting task to mix so many different songs.

Thanks for the help,

~Jason
jaytonbye is offline   Reply With Quote