Music Banter - View Single Post - Red Hot Chili Peppers
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #621 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisWARisours View Post
Just picked up Californication and Snow ((Hey Oh)).

I remember watching the video to Californicatoin and Otherside when I was like 5 years old lol, I love that album.

And Snow has one of the best guitar melodies I've ever heard!
I first got into them around about Californication time. Yeah the video for the title track where its like them in a video game is cool as ****. Also I liked it then when games were simple. (although I can remember getting a PS1 for my 8th birthday or so and finding it incredibly difficult to figure out 'Frogger' lol). Also I have a secret to share, a few years ago when 'Snow' came out I used to have it as my alarm to wake me up in the morning lol (yes I was still into putting music on my phone at the time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Ok ok I wasn't really talking about you. You grew up with the band from the start so I know what you mean.

I'm just talking about certain people in general who always have the dismiss the most popular album from a band just because it's the most popular album.
People shouldn't dismiss an album until theyve actually heard it. Personally if an album has a hell of a lot of critical acclaim I will naturally want to check it out but will also be a bit suspicious that its a load of ****. When I have ever said in the past that I think a 'most popular' album from an artist is overrated I have always gone in and actually listened to it first and gave it a chance.
But 9/10 hype is just hype at the end of the day.

I have since backtracked and discovered that the Chilis early stuff is a hell of a lot better than the later-recent stuff. 'The Uplift Mofo Party Plan' is an incredible album and I now rate it as their best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote