Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Irish bands
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #85 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvi_poison View Post
I like - the thrills, alot! They are from Dublin right?
Yeah think so I dont know much about their background I just used to really like the album 'So Much For The City' years ago when I was into Stereophonics and mostly just bland music. I havent listened to them in years as I have moved on to other things but I might dig it out and give it a listen. I also bought another album of theirs but never really listened to it all the way through- 'Let's Bottle Bohemia'. So what other music do u like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It depends what you mean by "Good Irish Band." If you mean Good Irish Bands as actual band from Ireland then Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy, U2, & The Cranberries - the only ones I can think of know. But if you mean Good Irish Bands for playing Irish Folk Music then the band to check out is Orthodox Celts, and they're not even Irish, they're Serbian. A Good Irish Band (but not actually an Irish band on the technicality for being fictional movie band) is The Commitments from the movie The Commitments. In the movie they're a Blue Eye Soul band from Dublin.

You should check out the band,Orthodox Celts on Youtube.
Oh yeah I forgot about Rory Gallagher...how could I lol. As for U2 their early stuff is good up till about Achtung Baby they started to go ****. What Ive found with U2 is that I just cant listen to their stuff or appreciate it just simply for what they are now. Thin Lizzy I totally forgot about too. Sorry mate but The Cranberries suck big time.. & Im tempted to download Orthodox Celts.. Serbians playing Irish Folk Music??? I need to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote