Music Banter - View Single Post - Xavier: Renegade Angel
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Default Xavier: Renegade Angel

I'm sure most of you hate this show, but is there anybody else that loves the show as well? I just recently started watching the show, and I'm enjoying it more and more with each viewing.

If you haven't seen it, you can watch a few full episodes on Adultswim.com. The basic "plot" revolves around Xavier, who is a half-man/half-beast/half-a bunch of other things including 6 nipples who wanders the desert in constant search for the answers to life. The show is very surreal, random, absurd with underlying philisophical themes. Xavier has a very odd personality, almost as if he is constantly switching between different life philisophies/worldviews in a stream-of-conciousness sort of way. He often speaks in an obscure fashion, filled with alot of bad puns, sexual innuendo, and alot of play on words. Most of the episodes story begin with him wandering into a town, and attemping to help somebody or fix a problem, but his self-centered and insane personality often screws everything up. The show is being made by a group of artist/musicians know as PFFR, who also made Wonder Showzen on MTV and a few music albums. I don't even know why I'm posting this though. You are going to hate this show unless you are either on drugs, or like me, have an odd taste for the surreal.

Last edited by Kamikazi Kat; 04-23-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote