Music Banter - View Single Post - Slaughterhouse Abuse
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 AM   #57 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
But again. If everyone stopped eating meet. You would see an increase in production of fruits and vegetables like you said, but we'll be using up more resources as a result. Without meat you'd be lacking a lot of vitamins you would have to get by consuming a lot more of certain kinds of foods, especially when it comes to protein. So the demands for such food items would increase, therefore using up more resources, you'd also see the supplement industry go through the roof and that would also use up resources.
Hum, every chain in the food web "wastes" energy and that reduction is highly significant. If you want to trivialize that, alright, in biology it's fairly basic stuff and I also have a course in resource management. If you wanna be ignorant for the sake of ignorance, I doubt I can change your mind.

However, you're right that without meat, it will be harder to get all the amino acids that we need, but of course you could still eat meat. You could supplement a diet consisting mostly of vegetables with the occasional meat and you could be an aware consumer, taking care to eat beans and such to get the nutrients you need.

Buying a steak at a store is really a privilege, not a right. If you wanna excercise some natural right to kill and eat, I suggest you go out there, kill something and cook it.