Music Banter - View Single Post - Slaughterhouse Abuse
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #63 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I am discussing the topic. I'm for eating meat, but I'm not trying to convince people to eat meat.

You're trying to convince people that your way is the right way, it is possible to change some peoples minds, but only those that don't have strong opinions about anything.

And in that regard you found the wrong person to lecture about eating less meat. If you don't expect to clash with people with strong opinions on this thread you're a fool, I have every right to post here as you do, I'm giving my opinion, I'm not forcing my idealogy on anyone else, but I feel that's what you're doing.

I'm not against you encouraging people to go organic because that's something most people would consider, I already said that's what you should do, I'm not telling you to shut up. But if a person eats meat, a lot of it and loves doing it. All the PETA ads in the world won't change that persons mind. Getting on a persons case for choosing that lifestyle is both pointless and a genuine way to make people hate you.

I do recall you clearly saying people should become vegetarian, that was the impression I got, but I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.
I'm saying that if we want to feed the world, then we should eat from the lower levels of the food webs. I never wrote that we should be vegetarians. Earlier, I had krill as an example of a food we could utilize.

Furthermore, I don't have a "right way". I'm not a vegetarian. I'm not a vegan. I roughly live the same consumerist way of life that you do. I just want people to be aware of how they impact the world they live in. Is that too strong for you? I'm not trying to make you stop posting here either. You asked me to stop posting and my response was "if you can't take it, don't hang around". Also, I'm not ripping on anyone's case - I'm talking about a tragedy of the commons here.

I don't know what PETA is, I'm not an american.

Your accusations have little root in reality and I think you're reading a bit too much between the lines. I'm not doing it to you, so please don't turn my posts into something they're not such as : attacks on your right to post, forcing ideology on people, saying everyone should be vegetarian, etc. I'm not a vegan hatin' on you for eating meat.