Music Banter - View Single Post - The definitive Paul Weller thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
thread merged.

Nice post Mirrorball95.
**** me man I went to all that trouble just to find there was already another post. .....
Also I didnt think people would find it that good as I basically just had a rant for about 10 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekethefreak View Post
I gotta say, of the three incarnations of Paul Weller, the Style Council is by far my favorite. I have owned solo albums, and there was some quality tunes, I own some of The Jam on vinyl, and enjoy it from time to time, but I really feel like Paul's true virtuosity came with The Style Council. If you listen to "My Ever Changing Moods", you hear so many different musical styles. With The Jam, mostly one style...good, yes... but not much variety. The same goes for most of the solo stuff that I've heard (his first couple solo albums). There was a chemistry found between Paul and Mick Talbot, not to mention the drum prodigy Steve White. You want some good Acid Jazz, check out Talbot and White's stuff...
Cool man you have taste, dont you like his solo stuff though? I rank it amongst the best stuff hes done. Also the key word is 'variety' when it comes to ranking the Style Council higher than the Jam. Not many artists get better as their careers go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote