Music Banter - View Single Post - The definitive Paul Weller thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #27 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Well I dont really think its about how 'cool' he is. If thats the case then they cant be into music in the first place.
My comment was a tongue in cheek reply to jackhammer.
What I was implying, was that his music isn't rated as highly as it shoud be among the younger generation. When I see bands like The Clash and later The Smiths getting a new lease of life, I feel it's unfair that The Jam haven't had the same recognition.
Then again that would only happen if they suddenly become 'retro cool' with the teens...which wouldn't do them justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
I hate how older people say we all listen to ****e/dont know what real music is... Also sometimes I wish I was older so I could have lived through all the great decades of music
That's because older people have the experience of the moment to reflect on in later years.
Also. you are living in a time of great music already...maybe you haven't realised this yet, I don't know.
Maybe you'll only appreciate whats under your nose in later years.
I know I did with a lot of bands that took me decades to rediscover after only scratching the surface of artists at the time.

I've got a feeling you'll be alright...you seem to have taste and a mind of your own, unlike the happy hardcore sheep you mentioned.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote