Music Banter - View Single Post - Cast Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I think they were pretty damn awful generic pap personally. Why bands like this got the success they did and the masterful Teenage Fanclub were generally ignored by the populace defies belief.
I thought that Cast didnt really get enough recognition but I see what your saying, as for Teenage Fanclub Ive heard of them will maybe check them out. As for the 'goods bands' getting ignored comment that happens all the time but all it does for me is makes me appreciate them even more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Saw these live at the Apollo Manchester yonks ago.
Decent drummer who thought he was Keith Moon, but the jingly jangly scouse pop was too rich for my veins. One or two good tracks and they could have been loads better than they actually were.
Yeah I totally understand what your saying, It's like I know there not as great as I think they are but theres something about them that just clicks inside me when I heard them (if that makes sense..). Also I envy you for getting to see them live. I just think they had a real classy sound to them. As for the drummer I aint got a clue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
post/recommend some of their music please?
eh All Change album is the best one they did and the first I heard which subsequently got me into them,should be pretty easy to find on either download or amazon for pennies. As for the other stuff it aint a patch on the All Change album but it kinda grows on you after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote