Music Banter - View Single Post - Nickleback
Thread: Nickleback
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 AM   #193 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
You're both right and wrong at the same time.

A lot of grunge was awesome. Nirvana and Pearl Jam are way up there for me. Alice in Chains and The Melvins are also cool with me. Soundgarden I'm not too crazy about but they have some great stuff and they were super talented so I can't complain about all the people that think they're the best grunge band.

And Mudhoney are very much grunge. They were one of the bigger influences on Nirvana. And like Urban said we wouldn't even have the damn term "grunge" if it weren't for them. Either way I think it's pointless to argue over weither a band is grunge based on their "sound".

It's more of an image based movement kind of thing rather than a serious genre. Seriously, do you really think The Melvins and Pearl Jam sound anything alike?
Well when i hear a band like Days Of The New I think grunge as they are heavily influenced by the movement & doesnt that go fot every genre there is always some sort of image to go with the style of music. For instance Metal back in the day (with the exception of Metallica during their sell-out period) people would associate people with long hair and tatoos as 'headbangers' or whatever.
As for the image side of things it does add character to the music but in my honest opinion it doesnt really bother me what the artist looks like, its more whether the music does anything for me.
& I have got 3 of the Melvins albums I downloaded (havent listened to yet) but they came up as Hardcore Punk & I didnt really download them thinking they were grunge in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote