Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 AM   #205 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Ah forgot about this lot Though the way you talked up Handsworth, I thought that would crack the nut

Either way, top album.
Yeah, Handworth's a top album, but I was always gonna go with this one to be honest. It's reggae studiocraft and production at its finest in my opinion (I'm sure there are some around here who'd disagree though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
Yeah, this is up there, great reggae songwriting. It's one of those albums you would play to one of those uninformed 'all reggae sounds the same' types. You say the production is cutting edge and I agree with that, it's a little too clean for how I like me reggy personally, being very compressed, but not as OTT as a lot of 80's albums.
Steel Pulse were in this documentary film that has yet to be released on DVD for licensing reasons, there are scattered clips of other bands on youtube but this line-up keeps me awake at night Urgh! A Music War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, I love most reggae music to be honest, but I do slightly prefer a cleaner production style - it's generally how I like my music. Also it's the production that makes this album ideal for all the said 'all reggae sounds the same' types. That and the fact it's a damn cool album.

That DVD looks awesome by the way (birthday in six weeks, hint hint )
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote