Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #335 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
normally when i see you post in these kind of threads i end up shaking my head, this time i'm happy to be on the same page.

personal belief is exactly that, personal. it's not a matter of being able to 'prove' it, but a matter of accepting that you believe in something regardless of what other people think.

99% of religious discussions i've ever participated in have ended up the same way. with a bunch of cowards who don't have the guts to believe in anything calling out those who do in order to cover up their own insecurities. none of the religious people i know have ever tried to force me to adopt their views, they've never tried to bring me into the fold of their beliefs. yet, every single so-called atheist i've met has always challenged my views. they make the claim to not believe in anything but not a single one i've met has actually had the guts to believe in nothing.

as for the initial question of this thread, christianity is as real as the belief of the individual who choose to follow that religion. that's all.
I have no religious beliefs and I'm certainly not like that. I'm more concerned about practical issus then somebody's belief in God. I tend to take a more agnostic approach to the whole God thing. I think the idea of God makes for interesting discussion, but criticizing or getting angry at somebody just because of their belief in God is pointless to me. When I criticize religion, my arguement is not "Believing in God is silly! Thats stupid! You're Stupid!", the actual problems that have resulted from religion are what concern me most. I understand where you are coming from, I see many atheist who are like that as well as many theist that have a similar attitude.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote