Music Banter - View Single Post - In Rainbows Vs. Icky Thump
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #104 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Brown View Post
What an incredibly ridiculous remark, so we're only allowed to make positive comments about bands now are we? Well then you best close about 90% of the threads on this forum then as they're full of moaning.
I wouldnt say it was a ridiculous remark what he is getting at is that your posts (and Ive read them yes) are just full of short words without any proper explanation or justification to back up your claims. Now dont get me wrong, I understand people have different tastes and simply just dont like a certain band due to personal taste. I am not a big fan of The White Stripes and they certainly aint one of my favourite bands but I know that they are certainly not 'boring' and 'rubbish'. There are certain artists whom I do not like just like you but that I can respect them for what they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Brown View Post
Yeah of course its my personal opinion for christs sake, how can it be anything but when commenting on a band? You want to know why i think they're boring and rubbish? For me there is nothing interesting there, no energy, no tunes, nothing that grabs me, just boring ****e i can't feel strongly about one way or another. I didn't realise people on here were so sensitive.
See this is exactly what I mean. You didnt state that in your opinion they are rubbish. You just came out with a ridiculous statement that the White Stripes are 'boring' and 'rubbish'.
To me you obviously dont know anything about music. If you did you would know that The White Stripes were one of the most exciting bands around when they first came out and one of the most innovative bands of recent times. Now I didnt even like them at the time when they had the Elephant album all my mates used to love them but I could appreciate that they were good musicians and its only later on that I have gotten into them..
If all you look for in a song is 'energy' or 'tunes' and if you dont like it is just 'boring'. Also when you use these phrases you basically sound like what I would call a 'hit hopper'.
Also I am not sensitive at all if I was I would be sending abusive messages telling you to '****off' and the likes.
So please when you want to say something you dont need to say 'rubbish' or '****e' as you can make your opinion obvious anyway if you actually explain and differentiate with the people on here.
It is not a battle.
No-one is against you just because you dont like bands we do.
That is a fact of life. If everybody was the same it would be boring man.

My final words of advice to you is to try and not be insulting when you put your opinion across and try to relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.