Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Yes Album
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
You could of course do that, but don't forget Close to the Edge. If you ask me, it is the best prog rock album in history and absolutely amazing. Get it while you remember it, then you won't forget to pick it up when you're done with the more obscure stuff ..

Before you do listen to Close to the Edge, you might wanna read a review so you know what to expect. Maybe someone on MB has reviewed it.
Alrite mate thanks very much, have jotted down and will probably buy both when I get paid tomorrow.
Also when it comes to Prog Rock I would have thought that Rush were the definitive band of the genre. I have found it interesting however that Yes are so popular. I only have one album (The Yes Album) which I think is their main one. When I listen to them though I find them pretty similar to Rush.
As for reading up on albums I just do it on Wikipedia; not always though its sometimes good to do what I call 'blind' buying.
Many of the bands/artists I have gotten into have just been random buys from amazon marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 04-28-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote