Music Banter - View Single Post - Plagiarism
Thread: Plagiarism
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Dang that is really close.

But you guys need to remember that we're talking about a form of music that's often limited to a select few 12 barre chords, the pentatonic scale and certain time signatures. Take that and throw in 60 years of rock music history and millions of rock bands in existance, each with their own discographies. Yeah, I think the odds are in that a lot of bands can just copy each other on accident. I swear some people are so ridiculous to cry "plagiarism" over singers who have naturally similar sounding voices, or guitarists with similar styles. It f*cking happens. It doesn't mean they directly copied anyone, when you have so many musicians throughout a certain period of time playing a certain kind of music with certain limitations, it just happens, it's not plagiarism, it just means that kind of music is very generic.

The Weezer/Pavement comparison thing is just ridiculous and I can't believe (well actually I can) that this comes up often on the internet. This is a prime example of trying to discredit a mainstream band by saying they ripped off some less popular band, and this is more ridiculous because these bands sound nothing alike.

Seriously. How further are we gonna take this? It's like you could just make up these lame accusations on the spot. I'll prove it.

The White Stripes are an exact ripoff of Ram Jam. Spread the word.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote