Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #57 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I'll discuss it anytime, though I'll say for now that there are lots of problems with legalizing marijuana that makes it unlikely to gain support with politicians. That's why marijuana is not legalized today and why Obama has a chuckle when it's mentioned. Politicians should be aware of these problems because they have to think for society while regular users are usually not aware because their take on it is more self-centered.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
The health issue is a political front disguising the fact that lobbyist from giant chemical corporations like Dupont have been doing whatever they can since the whole Reefer Madness propaganda scare tactic to prevent mass market hemp paper and textile production from putting them out of business.
Marijuana is a drug - it alters the way you think and the way your mind work. Most things that do are potentially detrimental to health. If there were no negative effects with marijuana, I'd say legalize. I don't believe it's harmless and I don't believe it's a conspiracy.