Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #167 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven
You really still have not learned to read yet have you? It’s really a sad thing. Gnr were just as big if not bigger in the early 90s than Led Zeppelin was in the 70s, I am sorry to say. Zeppelin didn’t play in front of 7 million people in a 3-year stretch. Again for album sales, gnr only really have 3 studio albums of original material plus an EP yet they sold over 60 million albums world wide, where as LZ had about 10 studio albums thus more albums sold. Do the math.

Also gnr did something zeppelin never did, they had two albums in the top 5 at the same time and gnr did it twice. Again gnr has the biggest selling debute album ever by a rock band 15m more than led zeppelins debute album.

Like I said before, you cannot just go by album sales, go by touring and all that other stuff you fail to look at. You are totally ignoring everything else oh but that is right, that wouldn’t make your argument valid now would it?
Bring up their touring, and the other stuff and you will see, but I am sure you will not since it would prove that I am correct.

You really have no clue how big guns n roses were when the albums dropped but that is ok its your ignorance.

I still find it funny that you lost terribly to your original argument and now you are trying to turn this into something else.
the fact is, zeppelin have a much more impressive back catalogue then GnR. their career spanned 12 years producing 9 studio albums, 8 of which were number one. a 2.5 million capacity audience three nights in a row isnt bad going either. anyway you look at it, zeppelins career is a LOT more distinguished and generally grander than GnR, 8 classics against 1 classic and 2 average albums isnt even a contest. your only saying "you cant only go by album sales" because you know GnR dont compare to zep in terms of album sales. how you can say GnR were bigger then zeppelin just baffles me. axl and co were the biggest in the world for a couple of years- zeppelin were the biggest band in the world for near enough a decade. a piece of advice, stop criticising my argument and take a look at your own, it isnt too great you know. now, i well and truely am finished with you.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote