Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #369 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Since you're asking, I'll provide you with a possible answer. Maybe you didn't dream of that exact suit, but when you saw it in the casket, you wanted it to be the same as from your dream. It's likely you have a conscious or subconcious motive for wanting to think so and maybe that motive has meddled with what you think you remember from your dream. It could be that you're aware of this, but convince yourself the suit was the same whenever you think about it. However, it could also be that you've been through it so many times that you've suggested to yourself a full-blown and believable false memory.

I don't think I would remember that kind of detail myself.
I've thought about this and what you are saying makes sense. I do remember knowing the color of the suit after the dream though, I remember when I went home that day after finding out he died thinking back to that dream and the details of it. The power of suggestion is strong, I'm sure as the years went on the dream may have gotten clearer and clearer as I tell the story, but the main contents of the dream were always as I dreamed them. The overall picture itself may have gotten exaggerated a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahuuuta View Post
i wasnt saying that i dont believe there are spirits out there im just saying that its not that common for someone to see something and half the time when you do hear these stories its a bunch of royal bull, well my parents have told me about how they played with ouija board and they asked it what it would do if they took it out back and burned it and it spelt out vampire killer, and they didnt do it, thats a little weird yes, all im saying is that it can be coincidence and if its not than what would be coming to you in a dream telling you this? are you saying spirits can go into your dreams and control what you dream? than if thats true how do you know that a spirit doesn't do that everytime you dream instead of when you just have dreams like that
you're right, who's to say we aren't being talked to by spirits in our dreams. Maybe they are trying to tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing with our lives. Maybe they are showing us things to come? who knows.