Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #377 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i'm just curious now.

what do the faithless here actually believe in? how do they explain the unknown elements of their existence?

i think we can all agree bashing something because you don't believe in it is incredibly childish. so... what do the non-believers believe in? i don't want a list of what they 'don't' believe in, or what they think is stupid about other people's beliefs. i want to see if any of them have actually developed a unique personal belief.

seems to me if someone truly didn't believe in anything spiritual they would see other spiritual beliefs as a waste of time and energy; something worthless of attention, as opposed to a target for their criticisms (or are those cover ups for their own fears of a blind faith?)

Im not really sure what I believe in. I believe in coincidence mostly. I also believe in an odd sort of undefined spiritual guidance that did not create the universe or anything for that matter. I dont really know how to explain my beliefs. I mostly believe in facts and witness. Im a 'see it to believe it' kind of person, but I do believe things happen for a reason. Its extremely difficult for me to explain. I think most organized religion is a crock, although I like it because it has basic rules and a goal to be achieved, and the means provided to the end is basically good behavior. I think early religion instituted morals into humans, and this follows my belief that religion is a crock. I feel early on in time, people began to realize crime and sin, and this was a very intelligent mans idea to write a 'rule book'. I don't really follow the idea of 'repenting'. So you can go do whatever the hell you want then talk to 'God' and get it all squared away? I would like to know why dinosaurs arent mentioned in the Bible. I have alot more but I just finished cooking so Img going to eat. Feel free to tear me a new one.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote