Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wondrous World of Parasites - Beware icky pix!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I'm a little paranoid now... it feels as if I've been slowly losing my ability to process things over the past few years. Or maybe it's because I was a pothead... who knows.
Once cysts start growing in the brain, they take weeks to mature, not years - so you would probably know about it .. Although I guess in some grotesque cases, maybe you could have one or just a few cysts up there and you could live with a worm or two in your brain - just at reduced functionality.

Dog owners who's dogs could get tapeworms might wanna be careful with the poo. I have a friend who's a sled dog guide and she sometimes gets medication against tapeworms just to be on the safe side.

Don't get paranoid, though, tapeworms is something you should worry about when you are in areas where they are known to exist (then you might wanna avoid drinking water you haven't boiled first f.ex) or if you spend time with animals that could have them. Oh, and cook your food.