Music Banter - View Single Post - Card and Board Games
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

When I was 16, I had a girlfriend at 18 who had started a cafè with some friends. This was possible because this was a norwegian small town and they basically asked the office of culture if they could start it up in this public building that had been used to host a cafè before, but had since been left unused. The office said "sure, go ahead" and so they started up a little coffee place where I ended up working on and off for about 4 years. Me and my friends also went to the office of culture and said we wanted to start up a little club for people into card/board/roleplaying games and host weekly meetings in that cafè .. they gave us money to buy in a few games (we spent them on RPG books) and we had a lot of members.

Every friday night from like 7 in the evening to 3-4-5-6 in the morning, the cafè was full of people playing all kinds of games, RPGs, Robo Rally, Junta, even Warhammer on the pool table. We sold pizza, fizzy drinks and coffee of course until we were too immersed in the games to bother ..

Man, those were the days