Music Banter - View Single Post - Card and Board Games
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Apples to Apples is awesome, as is Scrabble. A few years ago a bunch of my work friends and I would go to the Village Inn after our shifts (because they stayed open until 3am) and we'd order pie and milk and play scrabble and color those cool kids menues. They're shutting down now though. Damn economy.

Cribbage is another one of my favorites. When I was about 12 my grandma used to host non-formal tournaments at her house every sunday and usually I just wandered around the adults, emptying their ashtrays and bringing them fresh beers, but after awhile I started to join in. I actually won $50 one time. Good times.

My favorite family card game to play has got to be Spoons though. We broke a table once, things can get violent. Haha. It always ended in laughs.
My grandpa taught me cribbage when I was young then took me around to places to play against his friends. I remember beating this one guy that was awesome but he only had 3 fingers on one hand.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote