Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Indie Scene
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #85 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Have you even listened to any of them before casting them off as 'terrible'? And 'Amazing' is a bit over zealous dont you think? But then again opinion is opinion, something you seem to have no concept of.

And 'It's not a coincidence that hardly any of them have made any waves at all with the wider indie community.' is just moronic. Ignoring the fact that half of those bands have achieved popularity, some bands simply may not have the means to gain such exposure.
Stu. Anybody worth sh1t gets noticed. It's how it works. It's how it's always worked. As a Brit myself and traditionally very much a part of "the scene", I have listened to almost ALL of those bands and found the vast majority to be derivative crap doing nothing at all interesting and with about as much actual *songwriting* talent as a turnip.

If you want I will go through the whole list one by one and highlight the few good ones from the many bad, and explain why.

And yes, Los Campesinos! do own, and are one of the few genuinely exciting talents to come out the British indie rock scene in the last few years.

Cripes, how on EARTH you could include Cajun Dance Party is completely beyond me.

Also, Les Incompetents? Firstly, they broke up a rather long time ago (I was very close friends with their drummer so know the inside story pretty well), secondly, do you really consider a bunch of Libertines-aping faux-trendy private school tools with a frontman who cannot play a single instrument or sing A LICK to be a good band?

Funny thing is, Les Inc were probably better than 95% of the other bands you mentioned in that list.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote