Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rock Bands Ever?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #697 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Is this some sort of cruel joke?
No man, it is totally true. I may have heard something on PlanetRock before but I dont have any of their albums and cant name their songs im afraid. Ive heard there Prog Rock.
I first heard of them on these music forums & got mixed up at first with an avant garde band called 'King Missile' who are extremely weird and most people wouldnt like them although people like Zappa so I guess it's possible.
Anyway anybody got any first album recommendations for King Crimson.
I get the impression there one of the 'unsung' or lower profile Prog Rock bands such as 'Devo' or 'Camel' whom somebody introduced me to not that long ago and they are not bad bands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I would say that the Beatles are much closer to the sound of original rock n roll than Black Sabbath or Rush so by that measure they're actually more rock than them. Personally I don't really like the Beatles, but we're talking about genres here not the quality of the band's output.
Yeah this is pretty much what i was trying to say. It just isnt Rock as I would class it. I get what youre saying with them being around before Rush & Sabbath etc but I still wouldnt use the phrase 'more rock' than Sabbath or Rush. Also I think that people have different perceptions of genres obviously the core of the genre is still relevant but Ive had people say to me 'whats that headbanging your listening to?' & Ive been listening to Neil Young lol & I wouldnt class that as being 'heavy' as such.
I wouldnt even class Sabbath as being that heavy either tbh as I listen/have listened to much heavier stuff than that.
But fair enough man, youre entitled your own opinions as I am with mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote