Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Rock Concert
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
*Crescendo*
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilizeTerror View Post
Who do you guys think puts on the best rock show? I've only ever been to one rock show, KISS. They were great but I fell asleep lol. I was only five years old. I go to punk shows all the time but not many rock shows.
It depends on what makes a show good for you, and though there are many older bands I never got to see live (only saw on video) I could gaurantee put on a sick show, but I'll only answer based on shows I have been to.

In my opinion:

If you enjoy high energy, raw preformances that are as good or better than the record then KoRn was a must see during their KoRn, Life Is Peachy & Follow the Leader albums. KoRn built their fan base of the strength of their live shows so as you can imagine that was a wild show. So good in fact I saw them more than 8 times. Not sure about their live show after, and I am not sure how Head's leaving effected the group dynamic & live preformance. Back in the day they were awesome.

If you like a frontman who's a good showman (along with his band members, theatrics, and a band that plays as good the record sounds Marylin Manson put on a sick sick sick show I loved Manson live both times.

If you just want to rock out to a high energy show of amazing music then Soundgarden, Deftones, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, White Zombie, and Skunk Anansie were amazing shows to see everytime.

U2 are in a class of their own also great live show.

It's hard to pick honestly, because I like quality bands so it's rare that I haven't loved a concert and I haven't been to a rock concert in a while so I am drawing from memory here Lol.
*Crescendo* is offline   Reply With Quote