Music Banter - View Single Post - Warped Tour 2009
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #318 (permalink)
jeff
JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
You have to be kidding me. It's a common misconception that Alexisonfire is a "scene" band, just because they scream and have pretty vocals and are on warped in 09. They don't dress like a scene band, they generally don't associate with scene bands, and if you compared them to other scene bands, they also don't sound like one. Same goes for the Blood Brothers. If the Blood Brothers are scene then I guess At The Drive-In is too. Everytime I Die could be argued for because of the bands they associate with and a few elements in some of their songs do reek of hottopiccore, but musically they're as hardcore punk as anything. I've heard The Bled's first EP and it's in no way comparable to those other metalcore bands because it doesn't use the whiny choruses and it actually sounds like metalcore is supposed to. I don't know what they sound like now though.

Also, have you heard He Is Legend's last album?
yeah thats my bad, i didn't mean to include alexisonfire with the scene bands, just included them because they sound similar and it would give something for Thiswarisours to compare other stuff to.

Oh and fyi to Thiswarisours its said Alexis-on-fire

And no, I haven't heard He is Legend's latest album, i guess i should get on that. Is it any good?