Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #175 (permalink)
Fruitonica
Pale and Wan

I'm going with Mr Dave here and saying that most people would gladly buy their weed for the convenience of not having to grow it. Also, I doubt many home growers would be able to compete with a massive farm operation with government approval, weed would probably drop in price and make it pretty unprofitable for small time operations. This is just my own rampant speculation.

But I think, regardless of any economic value, regardless on whether it's going to be taxed it should be legalised (or decriminalised) for the simple reason that it's relatively harmless and people shouldn't be punished for using or growing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well I've heard from some people that pot can make you hallucinate if you smoke a LOT of it, more than anyone is actually capable of, but that could be said for most mind altering substances if taken in extreme quantity, like alcohol, that doesn't make it a hallucinogenic drug.
I've hallucinated after smoking small amounts of weed. Not purple elphants or anything, but I've seen the bowl smiling at me and my vision has become grey and pastel like, in addition to losing most of my hearing except for a bird call that sounded absurdly loud and close to my ear.

I think it really comes down to how susceptible a person is to that sort of thing. Some might never hallucinate, but it's definitely possible.
Fruitonica is offline   Reply With Quote