Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you care if an artist is a d*ck?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #94 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40ozCasualty View Post
I hate bands based on what i think of the people in the bands. GG allin is a prime example. Sure its pretty good punk rock, but GG is a piece of ****. Someone that can go around molesting people, does not get my support regardless of how good there music is. Skrewdriver and countless other right wing bands are the same story.
I think you have a wrong perception of music.
Now your opinion is totally understandable and plausabile but (IMO), if you like the music, then you should listen to it & dont worry about what I would call 'shallow minded people' who say 'dont listen to that because hes this that or the next thing'. Now Im not defending what he does but making a point that hating him isnt an valid excuse to hate his music (IMO).
Now, I dont like his music to be honest & wouldnt bother listening to it but to me he is obviously talented as an entertainer & I think it is just too easy for you to hate bands based on who the people are.
Like a previous poster said, you wouldnt hate a book because of the author.
I would much prefer it if people would have a much more open mind when it came to music. To me it doesnt matter if the person is an ******* as its irrelevant when you to listen to a song (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote