Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #1981 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Now you're being incredibly defensive.

I'm not calling him a bad or mediocre guitarist, I've complimenting one of his songs, what more do you want?

But really, give me some examples of him doing something other than open chords and finger picking.
Like what? Palm muting? You're asking me to show you him doing more than two incredibly broad techniques (and I mean INCREDIBLY broad) and it really leaves nothing for me to show you aside from like...soloing, vibrato, string skipping, and palm muting and even if I showed you all that (you could find soloing and palm muting in any Heatmiser song, string skipping I guess would be Say Yes and vibrato would be Basement era stuff such as King's Crossing.)

My argument had more to do with his melodies and the complexities of them as opposed to technique; if you listened to his post-XO stuff there's no way you could deny he has an ear for melody and most of that is exhibited on the guitar.