Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1986 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ZZZ View Post
Ultimately you are absolutely correct. I must have been thoroughly foolish to contribute to this immaturity and to think that someone preferring Bon Iver over Elliot Smith because of Led Zeppelin fans (or was it a prog fan as I have got lost in all the cattiness) thinking that open chord tuning made the music less palatable to their aural senses and so therefore they were are all over rated in the first place is a subject worthy of intellectual stimulus. I also apologise for trying to make a positive contribution to Music Banter by, where possible, joining in the various comps, trying to write a few reviews on what I am listening to, starting a journal, etc etc. So I apologise to you and anyone else I have offended and I will just leave you and the thousands of others that have contributed to this thread to wallow in your mediocrity.
Was any of that relevant in the least? Youre bitching about the thread and how many people post in it and the amount of views, all Im saying is then dont contribute. Youre the pot calling the kettle black. Obviously the thread isnt up to par with your ideas of 'intellectual stimulus' so sorry for making you feel less intelligent, but you could have opted not to even read it. Who really cares about the entire second part of your post as it was even more irrelevant, seems like youre looking for a pat on the back. As for your 'good MB sumaritan' attitude, it might be the most overrated thing in the entire thread. A huge part of the site is debating, if you come across it and cannot handle it, then just move along, not that difficult.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."