Music Banter - View Single Post - Make A Religion
Thread: Make A Religion
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
I would attend!... NOT!
I personally feel that religion is unnecessary and only divides people in the world, is the centre cause of 90% of wars past & present & think that without it the world would be a better place.
I think some people just need it as a comfort type thing but when it comes to god and the likes I cant say yes or no.
I dont know 'he' doesnt exist but on the same hand I dont know that 'he' does exist.
Therefore I see it most suitable not to attend church or to slate the people who do & be a 'non-believer' as such.
But I can still respect people who do, just I think the world would be a much better place without it.

Please note that this is only my personal opinion & apologise if I have offended anyone of a certain religion.
I know where you are coming from, the violence, hatred, and general bull**** that religion causes. Even the atheist movement bothers me because its the same thing: contributing to the arguement over God's existance, I'm starting to see some atheist movements looking almost exactly like religion, focusing more on "Believing in God is illogical and stupid" side of things. What the hell is that going to achieve? There isn't even a point in trying to prove either side.

I always keep thinking that if I ever have kids, I'm not going to expose them to any religious/non-religious ideas at all. I don't even want him/her to know what a religion or god is when he/she is little, the kid shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap. I know this is impossible to achieve in today's world though, its a shame.

Hey look, we just turned a non-serious thread into a serious one...
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote