Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #7245 (permalink)
[Paranoid.Android]
YOU GET NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
what the hell is that magazine about?

also, good pic! you're filled with glee.
It's this crazy formerly Montreal/now NYC-based Gonzo Journalism publication that focuses on three things: Drugs, Music, and Counterculture. They have some seriously funny articles, but what they're "famous" for (if you can call 'em that, they're still really underground outside of Montreal and NYC) is the "Do's and Don'ts" section, which basically pokes fun at stupid people for wearing/doing stupid things and showcasing badass people. It's a fashion critique from someone who's totally unfashionable, and they're just horrendously funny. You can check out the 'zine at their website (which I have to do for new stuff, seeing as it's pretty hard to get a Canadian 'zine in the damn Midwest). Also, you can check out The Vice Guide To Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll as well as their Do's and Don'ts: 10 Years of Street Fashion Critiques, which should be available at any Barnes & Noble or Borders. They're pretty much made of awesome.

And I was actually full of "annoyed" in that picture... I'd been riding in the backseat of a car for four hours on a pointless road trip to Oklahoma of all places, and was bored. :P
Why Oklahoma?
'Cause it's there.

Last edited by [Paranoid.Android]; 05-02-2009 at 12:25 PM.
[Paranoid.Android] is offline   Reply With Quote