Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #1999 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Says the Jeff Buckley fan - someone who you consider "great" but only released one album before drowning himself to Led Zeppelin (I'd do the same if I was in his boots though.) Don't you think the irony is far too thick here? Dismissing Elliott Smith off as just another singer/songwriter is absurd when he's far more talented then basically every singer/songwriter your fan of (e.g. John Martyn, Bon Iver) is just retarded. At the end of his career he was producing his own albums, playing virtually all the instruments (occasionally he had a guest, like on Coast to Coast but he could play drums by himself if he had pleased) and crafting songs as intimate and real as air - your post is not only ignorant but just plain fucking stupid.
I don't really see any irony in someone having different tastes from you. You think Elliot Smith is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion but keep in mind that your opinion is not some kind of objective fact, and hurling insults at people for not sharing it is really silly.