Music Banter - View Single Post - Ozzy Osbourne solo (vs) Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy (vs) Black Sabbath w/ Dio
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I quite like Trashed off that album as well.

It's not a bad rock album, It's just a terrible Black Sabbath album if you see what I mean.

Oh and here's some background on that awful album cover..

The album cover, which featured the image of an infant with horns and vampire fangs, was designed by Steve Joule. He also handwrote the lyrics that appear on the inner bag. The deliberately lurid design was submitted by Joule in a vain attempt to be rejected from this design commission, as he was also retained on a lucrative contract by Ozzy Osbourne's organisation for his sleeve designs. To Joule's horror and surprise, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler approved the image for the album. Gillan and Ward were not present when the decision was made, though they later noted that they hated the finished cover. Gillan reportedly hated the cover so much, that he threw a box of 50 records out a window. Joule reports that he was drunk and high on speed when he drew the finalized designs for the album.
Yeah some of the tracks are alright but you know Id much rather listen to Dehumanizer or Heaven & Hell.
Also who cares about the album cover & the background behind it? You can tell just by looking at it that the guy who 'designed' it was high on speed/crack & wasted or whatever.
Although I must admit it is pretty ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote