Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #214 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
Or I could go through it all personall and tell how I see it in my eyes? aye?
The problem is, the way you are lining things up are flawed. The general idea of your arguement is "My parents didn't physically punish me and I spent time in prison, therefore, if parents don't physically punish their kids they will also go to prison." That is like saying "My parents gave me chocolate bars every day and I grew up to be a criminal, therefore, giving your kids chocolate bars turns them into criminal!" Go beyond your own personal experience, look at the studies, statistics, ect. There could of been many of other factors that landed you in jail. Maybe it wasn't the lack of physical punishment but the lack of being stricter parents in general, maybe it was the environment you grew up in, maybe it was just some stupid choices on your part, ect. Like the example I gave with the chocolate bars, it might of not been the chocolate bars that turned him into a criminal, it could of been the fact that his parents beat him everyday instead of talking to him.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote